From:
Brian Tuemmler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Nov 2009 18:31:42 -0600
Julie,

I love your description of the discussion - sounds familiar.

The problem with the discussions is that IT cannot distinguish between the good, the bad, and the ugly (content).  They give it all to Legal during eDiscovery and Legal pays outside counsel $1,800/MB to sort through it all.

I have found that organization have about 18% garbage, 15% duplicates and 18% easily identifiable expired records. Getting rid of that could reduce eDiscovery costs by about half. I think this is the real reason why RM needs to be at the table LONG BEFORE eDiscovery happens. eDiscovery is reactive and RM is proactive.

It is hard to get companies to think that way, though.

Brian Tuemmler
Gimmal Group
925-253-5689 (office)
925-640-9724 (cell)