From:
Jesse Wilkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Nov 2009 13:48:23 -0700
That's another good point. And on a tangent, a lot of the stuff vendors
present is sales-y, but a lot of it is actually very informative. ARMA
provides a venue at conference for vendors to do their thing, on the show
floor where it doesn't take the place of a more content-neutral session and
where the nature of the presentation is made explicit to the attendees.
Maybe something similar could be done for these types of sessions: smaller
room, more intimate, maybe more flexibility with the time slots (I'm
guessing shorter rather than longer).

Not sure where all these questions need to go, but I know several folks from
the program task force are on the list including Julie so hopefully those
questions will be funneled into the process as we march towards San
Francisco next year.

By the way, those of you who do speak and have been known to inflict slide
after slide of dense 10-pt text on your victims, err, audience (and I've
been there and done that meself), there are any number of exceptional
resources on how not to do that. Some resources I've found to be very good
as I try to move on from death by PPT:
Garr Reynolds, Presentation Zen, his website at
http://www.garrreynolds.com/Presentation/index.html and his blog at
http://www.presentationzen.blogs.com
Edward Tufte, about anything he's done
Cliff Atkinson, Beyond Bullet Points

And watch presentations by Guy Kawasaki and Steve Jobs. You can find any
number of them on YouTube, Slideshare, etc.

Finally, if you haven't seen this video, watch it. If it hits too close to
home.... ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68EMsYJx0z8

Respectfully submitted on behalf of myself and no other company,
organization, association, entity, or board of directors,

Jesse Wilkins, CRM
(303) 574-0749 direct
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/jessewilkins