From:
Sonya Sherman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Nov 2009 08:23:45 -0800
Hi Sharon,

All of the standards suggested so far are great documents - comprehensive and fairly consistent from one to the next.

As someone who worked in the testing program for TNA2 and on the development of the ICA documents and similar standards for National Archives of Australia, and having used MoReq and DoD - I would say the major difference between the standards is their "usability" by different audiences.

The simplest, most user-friendly matrix I've found is from the (UK) JISC info kit. It also provides a step-by-step methodology for selecting software and managing the project.
http://www.jiscinfonet.ac.uk/InfoKits/edrm/stage-1/checklist-of-functions

Hope this helps!

Kind regards
Sonya