Date:
Sat, 5 Dec 2009 23:02:47 GMT
What is going on??? I can't believe the amount of listserve correspondence on the subject of Professional RM Journals.
For fifty years ARMA has kept abreast of the field of RM through the its magazine publication. This has not been an easy task considering the rapid changing technologies and changing management impressions of its information and records needs. I guess part of the problem  has been the effort to stay abreast of all the new jargon and address them  while sacrificing attention to the field's fundamentals. While I agree that the current contents of the ARMA magazine have gone overboard in "jargon headlines" its current reading  and using population have certainly expressed thoughts on peer-oriented(??) contents--Let's not beat it to death. From the Board member responses, the "review" message is there. Let's relax a bit and let them give it their attention and reaction. That's why we elected them. The listserv itself and all the back and forth will not correct whatever problem seems to exist.
Bill Benedon
ARMA Member 1956-
RMQ Editor 1967-1985