From:
Elizabeth Shaffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Dec 2009 11:12:38 -0800
I have been keenly following this thread and find it enlightening -- thanks for the discussion.

I have to echo the comments of my fellow students. I too believe this discussion is important and must carry on. The theoretical "big picture" must certainly have a place at the RM table if the profession is going to continue to grow and improve, and face the ongoing challenges of the digital environment.

I agree a peer-reviewed journal is a step in the right direction in facilitating a better dialogue between theory and practice, which is necessary.

Elizabeth Shaffer, MAS
Doctoral Student
School of Library, Archival and Information Studies
University of British Columbia