From:
Pat Franks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Dec 2009 10:07:23 -0500
>>As far as I am aware, none of us with CRMs currently have tenure track
positions which means we cannot command much in the way of university
resources.>>

I'm fortunate enough to have a Ph.D., be a CRM and hold a tenure track
position.

>> I don't know, but we need some creative thinking beyond "peer-reviewed"
and "profession.">>

We are a diverse community with diverse needs. Those of us recommending a
peer-reviewed journal are speaking of the needs of maybe a new breed of RM
professional who does possess a degree and a CRM and is very interested in
research with the option of publishing in a peer-reviewed journal. Those in
tenure-track positions cannot remain there without publishing in a
peer-reviewed journal. And the students coming along look to peer-reviewed
journals for their literature reviews and for research on which they can
build new and more advanced research.

So - one answer does not fit all - diverse community needs diverse
solutions. Wikis, blogs, tweets, IMJ AND peer-reviewed journals all have
their place in the RM world in my humble opinion.

Pat