From:
John Annunziello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Dec 2009 10:31:40 -0500
Hi Gary....

Quite possibly many other RIM's have decided not to go down this road as I
have for good reason.  There are too many issues surrounding this new
technology....security and access to records being at the heart of it.  I
too would like to know how others have handled this.

John Annunziello, ermm
Manager, Records and Information
Toronto and Region Conservation Authority

"Information is a corporate, strategic asset that needs to be managed"

"Link, Gary M." <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: Records Management Program <[log in to unmask]>
12/14/2009 10:03 AM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Cloud/Hosted Data

I sent this question two weeks ago and received no replies -- possibly
because I sent it while the list was focused on two concurrent extended
heated debates. So I'll try again:

I have a question related to the "cloud" discussion of late, but mine is
more specific. It will apply mostly to the design/construction industry,
but possibly to others.

Let's say you are on a project that has a team of companies, like a
design/construction project, and there is a web-based project management
application being used that all project team members access for document
transfer, workflow, & related. This application, along with all of the
documents and data, is hosted by one of the team members, or the client.
How do the team members who are NOT the host access the information in
the application after the project is completed? Do you download the data
from the application at project completion? Does the host burn the info
onto a CD and distribute to team members at project close? Or do you
have an agreement with the hosting company to retain access to the data
in some other manner for X years?

Obviously, one would want to put this arrangement in the agreement
before the project starts. I'd just like to know the protocols that
others may already have put into place to deal with this issue.

Thanks for your help,
Gary Link, CRM
Pittsburgh, PA

present, place UNSUBSCRIBE RECMGMT-L or UNSUB RECMGMT-L in the body of the
message.
mailto:[log in to unmask]

"*PLEASE CONSIDER THE ENVIRONMENT WHEN DECIDING TO PRINT THIS MESSAGE*

Toronto and Region Conservation Authority Confidentiality Notice:

The information contained in this communication including any attachments
may be confidential, is intended only for use of the recipient(s) named
above, and may be legally privileged. If the reader of the message is not
distribution,disclosure or copying of this communication is strictly
resend this communication to the sender and delete it permanently from
your computer system.

Thank you."