From:
Pat Franks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Dec 2009 13:14:11 -0500
It's probably what we get used to. Since I teach online and students submit
work online, I have learned to read their papers and grade without printing
them out.

I have trifocals and read 4 hours yesterday on my e-book (the new Dan Brown
Book, The Lost Symbol, was hard to put down and it was a Sunday) - no
eyestrain and no headache. The trifocals came much before the e-book, so we
can't blame the e-book for that. And  my first pair of glasses came in 7th
grade after an eyestrain from reading too many print publications
(old-fashioned books).

Since it is possible to read PDF files on the e-book, I also transfer
publications from my computer and read them through the e-book too.

Before deciding it's not for you, borrow one from a friend to see what it's
really like.

Pat

Patricia C. Franks, Ph.D., CRM

MARA Program Coordinator