From:
Nolene Sherman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Dec 2009 22:56:33 -0800
One of our offices has several years worth of older TIF images saved
and indexed in LaserFiche. They are now using an in-house software
system to manage those types of records and cannot get the funds to
pay for the annual subscription or maintenance fees. The woman I
talked to says they cannot "get the images out of LaserFiche."  Other
than knowing the name, I am not familiar with LaserFiche, but I find
it hard to believe that the images themselves are not accessible
without paying for the software -- the indexing perhaps, but not the
images. Shouldn't we just be able to find the directory the images are
in and move them into our own system? Or does LasheFiche do something
funny to prevent that?

Nolene Sherman
Orange County, CA

Tracking where records are kept is what Tiggers and Records Managers
do best!