From:
Scott Huffman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jan 2010 15:49:21 -0500
Julie, and all that have responded to this request, I want to say thank
you.  While I do not currently have this issue, it has been presented to me
before.  Your responses are great and will be ones that I retain for future
issues.  For a long time, I have not checked my email and have missed out on
the great information and support you all have.

When this situation was presented to me, I did approve the destruction, but
have felt the churning of my stomach every since. Thankfully, nothing became
of it.  However, I have since changed my policy and my communication to pull
back and retain these records.  My retention states:  Keep 5 years after
litigation or appeal.  This ensures that I will have the files when/if it
becomes necessary to produce it.

Again, thanks all.

Scott H.
Records Manager
State of Indiana; Family and Social Services Administration