From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jan 2010 16:55:35 -0500
On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 3:57 PM, Jesse Wilkins <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> But Peter's response included HIS Twitter
> addy (or at least the RAINByte one) and so I wonder how many folks on this
> list will a) be on Twitter and b) add it to their sig sometime this year.

as I've said in the past I'm not adverse to new technology, just have to
find the right use case for it. I found a use case and another tool that
allows me to produce RAIN in small chunks for those who don't want to wait
for the weekly compilation. For years people have been asking for RAIN to be
delivered via someone means a blog, individual subscriptions whatever. The
key for me was something that would not cost money, be easy to use and would
not require additional time.

Twitter meets those needs. I am now able to send out tweets of news stories
virtually as soon as I get them. So now those who don't want to be
subscribed to a listserv can follow me on twitter. of course I can't wait
for someone to complain about too many tweets

it will be interesting to see who follows RAINbyte and what gets retweeted.
and RAINbyte is strictly that no politics, no food, no personal items just
the news

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va