From:
Trudy M Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jan 2010 11:28:49 EST
And, they may want to seek legal counsel familiar with HOA work.  It  is my
understanding that a HOA owns its records just as it is responsible for
community property upkeep.  In Fl a new property with an HOA is generally
established by the developer who picks several homeowners to be on the board.
Once all of the units are sold, I believe he is required to turn over the
HOA to  the homeowners who then have a meeting to receive all the records,
including  finanancial and elect new officers in accordance with the Bylaws of
the HOA and  state law.

If the developer does not want to turn over those records, I personally
would question his integrity, which is why I suggest legal counsel.

Trudy M.  Phillips
File Management, LLC
"Bringing Order Out of  Chaos"
8440 Lanewood Circle
Leeds, AL 35094
Office:  205/699-8571   Fax: 205/699-3278
_www.filemanagement.com_ (http://www.filemanagement.com/)

In a message dated 1/22/2010 10:04:39 A.M. Central Standard Time,