From:
Jesse Wilkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 2010 15:05:08 -0700
Hi Narita,

I am working on something very much like this right now. I have found
workable guidance from the following; you will need to look at them to
determine what works for your needs and what doesn't.

State Records of South Australia:
http://www.archives.sa.gov.au/management/accreditation.html
Government of Alberta Information Management Assessment:
http://www.im.gov.ab.ca/index.cfm?page=imtopics/assessment.html
RM Capacity Assessment System (RMCAS) - lots of links, this one is to IRMT:
http://www.irmt.org/assessmentTools.html

I have an assessment checklist from the City of Toronto, but as I couldn't
find it online, I can't forward it to you. You may be able to find it
through them, however. And I seem to recall seeing something from the NY
State Archives but I couldn't find it just now - perhaps Fred or someone
else can assist here?

ISO 15489 is good but it's probably too high level for what you're looking
for.

I think most of the textbooks have chapters on conducting an assessment. I
don't have mine in front of me but I seem to recall seeing those in books by
William Saffady (Fundamentals of Professional Practice?) and others.

And I don't know of any available through the ARMA bookstore but I'd be
happy to be disabused of my ignorance!

For the rest of the folks on the list, I have other resources that I cannot
share because they are proprietary but I'm always happy to discuss your RIM
assessment needs. :)

Respectfully submitted on behalf of myself and no other company,
organization, association, entity, or board of directors,

Jesse Wilkins, CRM, CDIA+, ecmm, emmm, ermm
(303) 574-0749 direct
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/jessewilkins