From:
sasha babin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jan 2010 02:49:45 -0800
Caroline wrote:

"Back to my original question:  What records would a business/organization retain for 300 years (or 100 years for that matter) would not become artifacts/historic records?? "

I know that some documents do have operational value, although they were created more than 100 years ago. Of course, the beginning of these files looks like artifacts, historic records, but the information itself is still has operational value:
bridges, bourders between countries, some documents related to rivers and water ways

Regards,

Alex Babin