From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jan 2010 18:36:57 -0500
On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 4:27 PM, Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> Recently I was informed of the passing of someone I considered to be a
> friend and professional mentor. That individual was Alan Andolsen CMC CRM
> and president of Naremco Services. Al passed away on January 24th.

here is Al's LinkedIn page
http://bit.ly/9APoFN

and from his obituary
ALAN A. ANDOLSEN, 66, died January 24, 2010 in New York City.

Mr. Andolsen was president of Naremco Services. He pioneered practical
techniques for the management of digital records and lectured on their
application internationally. He also wrote and lectured on business ethics,
sometimes with his wife, Barbara. Previously, Mr. Andolsen was Director of
Administration for the Metropolitan Health Department of Nashville and
Davidson County, Tennessee.

Mr. Andolsen served as President of the Board of Regents of the Institute of
Certified Records Managers, was a Trustee of the Foundation for Excellence
in Consulting and Management, and Chair of the Code of Ethics Committee of
AMCF (the Association of Management Consulting Firms). He received the
Association’s 2006 Distinguished Service Award. Mr. Andolsen was also a
member of the Board of the New York Revels, the Jupiter Symphony, and the
Ecole Libre des Hautes Etudes. He was active in ARMA International.

Mr. Andolsen received an AB degree from Borromeo College of Ohio, an MA
degree from the University of Dayton, and studied for the doctorate at
Vanderbilt University.
He is survived by his wife, Barbara Hilkert Andolsen; his son and
daughter-in-law, Daniel and Heather Andolsen, of Bayville, N.J.; his
daughter, Ruth Andolsen, of Philadelphia, PA; his brother and sister-in-law,
Lowell and Susan Andolsen of Brunswick, Ohio and two grandchildren.

A memorial Mass will take place Saturday, February 20 at 10 A.M. at St.
Gregory the Great Church, 144 West 90th Street.

The family suggests that in, lieu of flowers, donations can be sent to:

COAR Peace Mission
4395 Rocky River Drive
Cleveland, OH 44135-2569
http://www.coarpeacemission.org.
COAR supports the work of an orphanage and other children's services in El
Salvador.
Alan was a donor and chose this organization.

Hertzberg Palliative Care Institute
1 Gustav L. Levy Place
Box 1070
New York, NY 10029
Attn: Ellen Miller, Administrator
Make checks payable to Mount Sinai School of Medicine
Please include a note saying that the donation is for the Palliative Care’s
Massage
Therapy Program in memory of Alan Andolsen. As a patient, Alan drew great
comfort
from the service which this fund makes available.

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va