From:
Trudy M Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jan 2010 21:37:25 EST
Well, I would have thought so too.
Do you and others suppose that so many people could submit  a  nomination
and arrange a "lobby" or "advocacy" that the SAA might be pressed to  make
and award post-humously?  Maybe it could be worth a full press  effort?  No
dollar cost? Just time spent.  I can see no valid  justification for not
having post-humous awards given in any  organization.   Is an award just to
flatter someone while they are  alive? No. Awards are or should be for service,
knowledge, provided under the  circumstances of the award.

Trudy M.  Phillips
File Management, LLC
"Bringing Order Out of  Chaos"
8440 Lanewood Circle
Leeds, AL 35094
Office:  205/699-8571   Fax: 205/699-327
_www.filemanagement.com_ (http://www.filemanagement.com/)

In a message dated 1/29/2010 8:31:11 P.M. Central Standard Time,