From:
robin tew <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 2010 09:55:54 -0800
Hello,

The school district where I work is revising its student records policies.  While I was left out of the initial development phase, I have been asked to review and comment on the draft.

I have been working on finding legal cites that either support or conflict with items in the policy.

One item in the policy is a requirement that individual exceptional student education records be kept separate from other cumulative education records.  I have been unable to find this issue addressed in federal law.

At the same time, I seem to remember a requirement that it be indicated in the student cumulative record when a part of the record was maintained in a separate location. I can't find that either.

I have been reading through legalese all week and am starting to go cross-eyed!  Can anyone give me a lead?

This probably won't be of interest to the whole list.  You can respond to me at:

Thanks!

Robin Tew
Supervisor, Records Management
Pinellas County Schools

. . . happy to see 48 degrees and sunny skies today in Florida!!