From:
Laurie Carpenter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Feb 2010 18:19:25 -0500
Great comments on this question! Like Sharon, Tom, Larry, Jesse, etc., I'm a
fan of keeping the policy separate from the standards, guidelines, processes
and procedures (or whatever else your company calls them). The policy
shouldn't have to change often, but the specifics may change more often. If
the details are in an appendix, it can sometimes be hard to ensure people are
looking at the latest version.

Do you really want them to have to reprint 30 pages when it's only one
procedure that changed?

A middle ground might be to have a general appendix that references the
supporting documents without referring to a specific version, but for an
intranet, site, always have the latest version of all the documents on it.

Opinons my own and not those of my employer.

Laurie Carpenter, CRM
Burbank, CA