From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Feb 2010 13:38:31 -0500
http://bit.ly/9kzKwg

This is one that really made mew scratch my head... obviously written from a
different viewpoint; one that doesn't see information as an asset to an
organization or the risks associated with placing it "in the wild"

Here's one comment that really made me wonder... wonder if this guy had ever
heard of Contracts, T&C of Service, or SLAs?  It insinuates that you need to
allow a service provider do whatever it needs to remain economically viable
and you can't lock them in- that they're going to move assets around as they
see fit.  Try mapping your ESI in this kind of an environment!

"Clouds require more standard implementations of applications than many
companies have used in the past. The economics of clouds are all built on
standardization because that's the only way a company can stay current with
technology, add or subtract capacity as needed and move applications around
from one cloud provider to the next. Service provider lock-in is not an option."

Larry