From:
Mimi Dionne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Feb 2010 09:10:51 -0800
I'm looking for survey results on the percentage of co
Good morning!

I'm looking for survey results on the percentage of companies that have transitioned their explicit records retention schedule to a functional/big bucket one.

Private commentary from esteemed colleagues on the list who can confirm for me that either:

1. Their company has transitioned to a functional RRS (including date range for that project) or,

2. A short work history that outlines the number of companies that had explicit records retention schedules versus the number of companies they've worked for that have functional ones and the date ranges of this work experience.

(And, by "explicit", I mean "fully and clearly expressed or demonstrated; leaving nothing merely implied; unequivocal"--you know what I mean: the larger RRSs that have 200+ records series and outline specifically every possible document type. Easier for the employee and records staff to understand what is a record and for how long it should be retained; cumbersome to implement in the ERMS.)

The reason I'm looking for this information is because I'm wondering if it's fair to state that most companies have transitioned to a functional retention schedule today. These survey results may be out there and I'm not aware of it--if you can point me in the right direction, I'd be very grateful!

Thank you,

Mimi Dionne, MLIS, CA, CDIA+, CRM, PMP
Cell: 303.501.7657
Blog: http://rimnant.blogspot.com
Twitter: @mimidionne
Facebook: mimidionne
LinkedIn: Mimi Dionne, PMP, CRM, CDIA+, CA
Email: [log in to unmask]