From:
John Glover <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 2010 15:43:33 -0800
Ginny;

How do you compensate your sales people?

Most vendors pay commision on net new sales and after the contract is signed
the sales person is told 'go get another one'.
If the account provides new ongoing revenue through frequent retreivals,
file folder indexing and new boxes the Customer Rep sees more revenue; but,
If the customers business is represented by just monthly storage the vendor
has no motivation to reward any employee.

The evergreen contracts with the hostage fee and no agreed detailed,
described level of services negates the vendors need for Customer Service.

How can this be changed? Is it the vendors fault or the customers that this
constant complaint of customer service continues?

--
John R Glover
707-773-1257