From:
Jesse Wilkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 2010 10:24:22 -0700
By the way, and take this with a bushel of salt...

http://www.cmswire.com/cms/enterprise-cms/ballmer-70-of-microsoft-employees-are-working-on-cloudbased-projects-006870.php

This reminds me of nothing so much as either the push for networking or the push for enterprise-wide email. I think it will be equally disruptive; I think it will be disruptive in ways we haven't considered; and I think in as soon as 5 years it will be more the norm than not for at least some applications (and email is IMHO the single most likely app to go completely to the cloud). You may not agree, but if Microsoft can credibly claim that 65,000 people are working on it, they don't see it as a flash in the pan. And of course as I've said before, that means that we as professionals need to be engaged with these firms, with IT, and with the business managers making decisions about cloud-based solutions NOW - as they are being planned and developed, rather than later after they are already in place.

It is truly an exciting time to be a RM professional!

Respectfully submitted on behalf of myself and no other company, organization, association, entity, or board of directors,

Jesse Wilkins, CRM, CDIA+, ecmm, emmm, ermm
(303) 574-0749 direct
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/jessewilkins