From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 2010 15:08:49 -0500
>But I usually also provider either a full
>link or at least a sentence or two on what the link is about.

Let's see 140 characters, 20 used by bit.ly (plus a space), that leaves 119
(spaces included) on Twitter... so I guess no full links or sentences there...

I think we're constantly told here the manner in which information is
delivered is changing, so this is just another example of it.  Besides,
there's no requirement to click on the link or anything else.

>a) I will not click a link even from someone I trust if there is no
>additional context. Part of it is security, but the far greater thing FOR ME
>is that I don't want to waste my time and attention on something I care
>nothing about.

Well, time was wasted informing everyone of this, so...

>b) It is not beyond the realm of
>possibility that someone could pose as e.g. PeterK, or, I dunno, register a
>similar email from another provider and post malicious links.

No kidding, for over 5 years prior to Long Beach ARMA, some folks thought
Peter and I were the SAME PERSON posing as one another to argue with
ourselves! =)

Larry