From:
sasha babin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 2010 09:29:55 -0700
Hi Gordy,

1. simple search
http://lists.ufl.edu/cgi-bin/wa?S2=RECMGMT-L&q=intranet&s=&f=&a=&b=
, but of course, you need to go and dig

2.
I think that if you look at this as kind of Records management month / week activity, it takes you some good ideas.

3. I think that if you start to build your Intranet Records site around internal and external policies and procedures, it might be helpful

E-mail policy,
What is records and what is non-records,

Life cycle, and you can build a lot around it - how the records are created , what forms do you use,
connection between form / records and freedom of information request,

Your personal records and how to deal with it

Is it your records or corporate records

How to search for the records - it means how you describe them in your database and how to make it easy for users to understand, to adapt and to use

Short forms and abbreviations that you use

Rules for destruction,

Delivery time....

updates - new corporate policy / external policy , and how it does effect your corporation's records.

I think that people will pay more attention to the records, if from time to time the site will give useful information:

Personal Tax report time - what to keep and how long,
Information security - again, articles that Peter, Larry, and other post here I found very useful and interesting, "your password", as example

If you will allowed to do it, I think you will find that your name would be called as reliable source of information, and from here you can build further.

Regards,

Alex Babin