From:
"Hilliard, Mary" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 2010 13:59:49 -0500
Happy Friday to all and merry March madness (or sadness as the case may be),

Austin, Texas is alive with the sounds of music during SXSW and whooping it up at the rodeo to keep our spirits up (see above).

I need to poll my esteemed list servers on a couple of terminology issues.  I am in the final throes of editing new policy documents to present to the RIM steering committee and wrestling with this type of detail.

To wit:

What is correct usage of Record Series vs. Records Series?  I think that the first is the singular and the latter is the plural referring the "group of related records.....etc.", but the ARMA Glossary only defines the term Records Series.

In the post-paper world of predominantly electronic records management, I don't want to use the term Records Coordinator because of the association with managing paper files.  I considered using Records Champion, but that term doesn't actually reflect the role, so now I am considering using Records Liaison.  Am interested to hear other thoughts and other terms if they have been useful.

Thanks to all,
Mary Hilliard, CRM