From:
"Julie J. Colgan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 2010 15:26:30 -0400
Mary!  Sure did miss seeing you in Orlando and hope to see you in San Fran!

To me the distinction is this: a Record Series is a single, actual, thing,
whereas Records Series is properly used when referring to series in
general.

For example:  "The Record Series for invoices paid by the firm is
ACT-AP-10", while the other might be, "a Records Retention Schedule utilizes
a classification tool called Records Series to logically correlate like
records to faciliate ease of management through the lifecycle".

I apologize to those dedicated, smart folks who wrote the ARMA glossary if
that doesn't confine to the standard, but I don't have a copy so I really
can't say, and that's how I've used the terms for as long as I've been in
this glorious business!

As for what to call folks, that's just way too personal of a thing.  Most
organizations have a culture that drives titles, so I'd poke around and see
what other lines of business or administration call their folks and pick one
you like.  If these are folks who aren't direct employees of the RIM
department, just your "inside" help in the business units, then I've always
like Records Liaison.

Good luck!

Julie

--