From:
Christopher Ferry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 2010 11:31:46 -0400
In my experience, we are much more likely to find that we no longer have the
proper hardware (drives mainly) to read a piece of media than anything
else.  This is followed by not having correct application (software) to read
the data.  Only then do we tend to run into corrupted data on the media.  Of
course, if we can't find a drive or application, we can't know if the data
is corrupt or not, so hardware and software problems may be masking media
failure.

Christopher Ferry, CRM