From:
Michele Kersey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 2010 10:15:09 -0400
The link below will yield a case study paper on how the US Army is leveraging advanced classification tools for their records management categorization of email:

http://www.informationmanagementrequest.com/campaigns/classification/docs/Army%20case%20study%20-%20categorization.pdf

Also available:

Free reprint of Gartner's research note (link below) "How to Address the Federal Government's Records Management Challenges", which includes the following key findings:

• User-driven classification of records, especially of e-mail, has failed and will fail in virtually
all cases.

• The technology missing when implementing records management (RM) is automated
policy management.

• Business and IT must work together to create policy and automate it.

http://www.informationmanagementrequest.com/campaigns/classification/docs/Gartner%20How%20to%20Address%20Fed%20Govt%20RM%20Challenges.pdf

- Michele

Michele Kersey, IBM
Program Manager, eDiscovery Solutions and Strategy
http://twitter.com/michelekersey

My replies reflect my druthers, not my employer's.