From:
John Annunziello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 2010 15:32:31 -0400
Good day all....

In the latest copy of "Information Management" there is an article called
"Is SharePoint the answer".  Part of the article revolves around the fact
that SharePoint 2010 will help users to manage social media by declaring
content as records.
As a Lotus Notes shop, and with our organization moving towards allowing
social media in the workplace, I was wondering how other Notes users are
managing social content when it crosses over from the social realm into
the records realm?  I have talked to our Notes developer, who is quite
knowledgeable, but he had no answers for me.

I have also contacted IBM to see if they have tools that will allow users
to capture records from a social media source but have not heard from
them.  Is there anyone out there with this same situation, and if so, how
are you dealing with this?  Also, how do you handle the fact that
retention can be assigned within SharePoint 2010,, but in the social
realm, have no means of assigning retention?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

John Annunziello, CRM, ermm
Manager, Records and Information
Toronto and Region Conservation Authority

"Information is a corporate, strategic asset that needs to be managed"

"*PLEASE CONSIDER THE ENVIRONMENT WHEN DECIDING TO PRINT THIS MESSAGE*

Toronto and Region Conservation Authority Confidentiality Notice:

The information contained in this communication including any attachments
may be confidential, is intended only for use of the recipient(s) named
above, and may be legally privileged. If the reader of the message is not
distribution,disclosure or copying of this communication is strictly
resend this communication to the sender and delete it permanently from
your computer system.

Thank you."