From:
Tom Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 2010 15:21:20 -0500
I was able to attend the Sedona Conference Institute's 4th Annual Getting
Ahead of the E-Discovery Curve conference week before last in Philadelphia
and I'd like to report how much I enjoyed the conference and how unique it
is.

Attendance was limited to 140 attendees and ARMA International is a sponsor.
The attendees are Outside Counsel, in-house counsel, E-discovery vendors and
a small handful of information governance and records professionals.

Three US Magistrate judges spoke as well as many other excellent and
relevant speakers.  The program included a review of the last 14 months of
case law related to Electronically Stored Information (ESI) and a short
review of the relevance of each case.  The review section was over 50 pages.
Also reviewed in particular detail were the rulings from Judge Scheindlin in
Zubulake Revisited and a similarly significant ruling from Judge Rosenthal.

During the panel discussions the three federal judges actually served to
carry the microphone to those with questions and discussion points.  There
were also in depth discussions of many aspects of legal holds and some straw
polls regarding how they're being carried out.

Anyway, it was well worth the opportunity and I'd love to see more ARMA
members and Records professionals there.  It should be held about this same
time of year next Spring.  With the limits on attendance early registration
is a must.

Thanks!

Tom Wilson, CRM