From:
"Todd P. Johnson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 2010 10:22:34 -0600
I sent this out last Friday and haven't received any feedback. So either no one has implemented an Electronic Records Management System or my questionnaire was too cumbersome. I'm assuming it's the latter. With that said, if you have any experience implementing an ERMS and would be willing to share your experience in a phone conversation, please provide your contact information and the best time to call.

Your help is greatly appreciated...

I represent a mid-size company with approximately 1600 employees who create content of some sort and have access to a shared network drive. The company is looking at changing its Electronic Records Management System. In doing so, a few questions came up that I'm hoping similar sized companies that have implemented an ERMS, in whole or part, can help with.

1)      Have you implemented an Electronic Records Management System - in whole or part?

a.      If so, which vendor did you choose and why?

2)      What percentage of departments at your company use the ERMS?

a.      Please list the specific departments that use it.

b.      Please list specific reasons why the other departments don't use it.

3)      How is active work material (one-off projects, non-records) handled differently than corporate records?

4)      Does the ERMS force employees to save records to a repository based on the policy or does the user use his or her judgment in declaring the record to the repository based on the policy and training?

5)      Does your company impose space limitations on network drives? If so, what is the limit?

6)      Does your ERMS automatically delete information according to an approved policy?

7)      What were the critical factors that you presented to management to get their buy-in?

8)      What was the approximate expense to implement the ERMS? Do you feel like you have received a return on your investment?

9)      How long did it take you to implement the ERMS to its current user base?

Todd Johnson, CRM, ERMM
Enterprise Records Manager
Melaleuca, Inc.
3910 S. Yellowstone Hwy