Date:
Fri, 9 Apr 2010 20:29:53 GMT
Bob, as usual you always hit the nail on the head. Unfortunately you don't drive it in far enough. Its unfortunate that we mean to emphasize the improtance of records and information management, but we always end up with plain "information management." We still need to commit to improvement by emphasizing the need for a "central" organizational responsibility for records and information management, especially when you say "does it have an effective program for managing its information" -again omitting "records."I'm sure it sounds old fashion to you but it is still why we are fighting both the educational and management acceptance of meaningful records and information management.It doesn't negate the importance of your article, it just leaves a void in its total impact from the standpoint of our profession.
Bill Benedon -----Original Message-----