From:
Laurie Carpenter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 2010 19:28:09 -0400
Hi, everyone, I did a search of the archives going back to 2008 and while I
found some interesting discussions on the topic, I didn't find exactly what I
was looking for.

In your records destruction authorization process, does your company include
Tax/Audit on destruction notification and/or approval for all types of
destruction, or do you only involve this department when there are finance-
related records (which could also include things like contracts that could
contain payment terms)?

Historically, it seems as though companies usually include Tax and Legal on all
disposal approval forms, but I wanted to do some current benchmarking,
specifically on the Tax and/or financial audit function.

I'll be happy to post consolidated responses to the list if people would rather
respond offline.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Laurie Carpenter, CRM
Burbank, CA