From:
"Jones, Virginia" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 2010 13:00:02 -0400
Donna:
Two thoughts:
1. Are you paying for the "locked bin" contents to be shredded and the "recycle" bins are only for recycling?  If so, then combining the contents certainly adds to the amount you are paying the vendor for shredding services.
2. The locks on shredding bins do look rather flimsy, but we have found they are difficult to "pick" when the key is missing.  The whole purpose of locked bins being keeping the content secure until it goes onto the shredding conveyer seems to be invalidated if they are being unlocked and the contents exposed on your premises before being transported to the shred site.

Ginny Jones
(Virginia A. Jones, CRM, FAI)
Records Manager
Information Technology Division