From:
Gus Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 2010 11:52:54 -0500
I've had the same problem with calls for student records ever since we named
our department "Records Management."  But I still believe it is the name
that most people can relate in regard to our function.   I also believe that
you'll still get those "student records" calls with the names you
suggested.   Finally, like others have commented, I don't find it a major
problem referring those calls to the correct department and in fact I often
can direct them to exactly the person they need to speak to...which just
helps our university continue to excel in "customer service."

Gus Harris
Records Manager
The University of West Florida
Pensacola, FL