From:
Nolene Sherman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Apr 2010 22:02:15 -0700
A rather large, well-known hospital and its associated community
health centers here in Orange County CA went totally digital a few
years ago. Each exam room has a terminal into which the doctor adds
his notes of the visit and each registration area has desktop
scanners. I periodically ask my doctor how he likes using the new
system and what the advantages for him is. He loves having all the
information clearly available and searchable.

You may want to contact this hospital and see if you can talk to their
technology people to see how they've dealt with the issues you are
concerned about. The hospital is Hoag Hospital in Newport Beach (http://www.hoaghospital.org/
)

Nolene Sherman
Orange County, CA

Tracking where records are kept is what Tiggers and Records Managers
do best!