From:
Ursula Shail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 2010 14:39:39 -0400
Would anyone be able to provide me with the workflow of a successful
centralized RM system? I manage the records program within a large University
division and since our fileplan was developed in 1996, we have been operating
in a decentralized environment. This has not worked for many years, and now
we are given the green light to centralize the system. There are about 10
program areas within our division - all of which maintain their files in their
offices, and at some point they are sent to us for offsite storage/disposition.

This new system will include managing electronic and hardcopy shared
records, provide central scanning services, and filing/managing department
records. I will be given the entire basement of our building for records, so I do
need to come up with a footprint (immediate and future).

While this project will move in phases, at this point I have to present how the
hardcopy records will flow (including time frame - i.e. at time of creation at
document level?) from the departments/individuals to central records to
storage/destruction.

I have my own ideas of how this would work, but it's always great to hear
how others are successfully managing information in a centralized
environment.

Many thanks!
Ursula