From:
sasha babin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 2010 19:22:55 -0700
Barbara,

From my experience, I would ask vendor to keep "my" barcode with its.
You use your unick barcode in your records management tracking system according to your requirements,  that in many cases are a little bit different from vendor's approach.
Also, take into consideration, all electronik systems from time to time make mistake, and you realise it after fact.
I learned these exersices not at once.
For example, somehow system started to provide me with barcode numbers from files that were in the destruction forms, ... but were niot destroyed yet. I think you can imagine the first shock, and how many efforts it took to iidentify overwrited files.
Also, sometimes we try to safe on boxes, we reuse them - "green - green".
Are you sure that the boxes you receive from vendor care the NEW -NEW labels, and not those from boxes that their content were destroyed yesterday, but  the old labels were forgotten to be taken out?

Every time when you deal with outside vendor, request the list that clear indicates your number with vendor's numbe.
Also, it is good to have the location list for your boxes.

Regards,

Alex Babin