From:
Russ Stalters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 2010 13:39:38 -0500
Here is an example of how I use PowerPoint to reinforce what I am talking
about from LegalTech 2010 in New York.

The slides on Slideshare: http://bit.ly/95l4Pv

The following is a post about the presentation which includes the slides in
PDF with my notes for each slide: http://bit.ly/arTIJg

PowerPoint should be used as a visual medium to support the story.

Too often speakers use their slides as a crutch to remember what they wanted
to cover. In many cases they are lazy and do not know their material well
and/or have not invested the time necessary prepare and rehearse their talk.

If I am going to ask you to take an hour of your time to listen to my talk
then I feel obligated to be completely prepared and make sure I do not waste
your time.

I have more examples of how I use PowerPoint to support the story at:
http://betterecm.wordpress.com/presentations/

Russ Stalters aka BetterECM