From:
Trudy M Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 2010 15:24:02 EDT
Hugh, I agree with your comments as a result of a program I did  yesterday.
 I purposely did not have a power point and had and

Trudy M.  Phillips
File Management, LLC
"Bringing Order Out of  Chaos"
8440 Lanewood Circle
Leeds, AL 35094
Office:  205/699-8571   Fax: 205/699-3278
_http://www.bhra.org/Birdies_for_Charity_bhra_2010.htm_
(http://www.bhra.org/Birdies_for_Charity_bhra_2010.htm)

_http://www.filemanagement.com_ (http://www.filemanagement.com/)
http://www.facebook.com/trudy.m.phillips
Become  a Fan of Alabama Farmers Market on Facebook.

In a message dated 4/28/2010 12:21:10 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

On Apr  28, 2010, at 12:00 AM, RECMGMT-L automatic digest system wrote:

>  From: PeterK <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: April 27, 2010 2:20:04  PM EDT
> Subject: RAINdrop We have met the enemy and he is PowerPoint -
NYTimes.com

Well thanks a lot Peter!!  I just spent  two months working on a PowerPoint
and now I find out they are referred to as  "Hypnotizing Chickens"!

I am joking, everyone knows it takes more than  two months to make a good
Powerpoint.

Powerpoints appeal to us because  they are organized and nothing is left
out.  In the old days you made an  outline, gave your speech and hoped your
speech hit every point. The trouble  is, it takes the "spontaneity" out of the
talk and refuses to let an audience  go to areas of interest.

The audience tends to not interrupt and  nothing draws them into the
presentation and thus boredom sets in. No one  knows the topic like the person
creating the slides so much is glossed over  and input is discouraged.

I think that having a few questions for the  audience several times in the
presentation may wake up the Chickens, so to  speak!

I think creating a written White Paper to accompany the  presentation is
the only way to ensure that those really interested in what  you say, can have
something to refer to and benefit from in the days following  the
presentation.

Now onto my Slide #74, ..........

Hugh  Smith
FIRELOCK Fireproof Modular  Vaults
(610)  756-4440    Fax  (610)  756-4134
WWW.FIRELOCK.COM

Contact  [log in to unmask] for assistance
To unsubscribe from this  list, click the below link. If not already
present, place UNSUBSCRIBE  RECMGMT-L or UNSUB RECMGMT-L in the body of the
message.