From:
Nolene Sherman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 May 2010 21:47:37 -0700
It looks like our company is forging ahead with SharePoint 2010 as a
widespread collaboration tool and for document repositories. I still
have not decided (or seen enough to decide) whether it can be a full-
fledged ECM, but Microsoft keeps trying to persuade me.

In the demonstrations we have had, SP still comes up very short in
managing paper records. As a result of my requirements, MS is
presenting us with a demo using OmniRIM in collaboration with
SharePoint. I'm not sure if they are MS's preferred vendor for that
missing piece or just one of several MS Partners. Nonetheless, if we
are going to look at third-party add ins for paper records, I also
wanted to look at Accutrac mostly because Iron Mountain is our
preferred storage vendor and it supposedly integrates directly with
their systems so I can bypass using IM Connect. (Don't get me started
on that useless ...... well Iron Mountain knows exactly how I feel
about that so-called software, to the point of almost being a running
joke. But I digress.)

I'd like to hear any opinions or experiences with either software.

Nolene Sherman
Orange County, CA

Tracking where records are kept is what Tiggers and Records Managers
do best!