From:
John Annunziello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 May 2010 10:05:31 -0400
Hi Nolene.......

It is my understanding that SharePoint 2010 has addressed many of the
issues that RIM professionals had in version 2008.  That being said, and I
am not a SharePoint user, I've read a lot lately that SharePoint is being
used in collaboration with CMS like OmniRIM.  You may find that SharePoint
works with all the major CMS vendors and a collaboration between the two
satisfies the requirements of most RIM professionals.

What software are you using to manage your paper now?  You may find that
you can continue to use what you have in collaboration with SharePoint and
one of the major CMS vendors.  I do know that Iron Mountain bought out
some software vendor and I believe it was Accutrac.  So, of course they
are pushing this software.

My recommendation would be to find a CMS which would meet the needs of
your organization and then in turn, see if they work together with
SharePoint and your existing system.

The Aiim.org website is a great research source and specifically have a
great deal of material on SharePoint.  Be sure to check them out.

John Annunziello, CRM, ermm
Manager, Records and Information
Toronto and Region Conservation Authority

"Information is a corporate, strategic asset that needs to be managed"

Nolene Sherman <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: Records Management Program <[log in to unmask]>
05/06/2010 12:39 AM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Accutrac vs OmniRIM

It looks like our company is forging ahead with SharePoint 2010 as a
widespread collaboration tool and for document repositories. I still
have not decided (or seen enough to decide) whether it can be a full-
fledged ECM, but Microsoft keeps trying to persuade me.

In the demonstrations we have had, SP still comes up very short in
managing paper records. As a result of my requirements, MS is
presenting us with a demo using OmniRIM in collaboration with
SharePoint. I'm not sure if they are MS's preferred vendor for that
missing piece or just one of several MS Partners. Nonetheless, if we
are going to look at third-party add ins for paper records, I also
wanted to look at Accutrac mostly because Iron Mountain is our
preferred storage vendor and it supposedly integrates directly with
their systems so I can bypass using IM Connect. (Don't get me started
on that useless ...... well Iron Mountain knows exactly how I feel
about that so-called software, to the point of almost being a running
joke. But I digress.)

I'd like to hear any opinions or experiences with either software.

Nolene Sherman
Orange County, CA

Tracking where records are kept is what Tiggers and Records Managers
do best!

present, place UNSUBSCRIBE RECMGMT-L or UNSUB RECMGMT-L in the body of the
message.
mailto:[log in to unmask]

"*PLEASE CONSIDER THE ENVIRONMENT WHEN DECIDING TO PRINT THIS MESSAGE*

Toronto and Region Conservation Authority Confidentiality Notice:

The information contained in this communication including any attachments
may be confidential, is intended only for use of the recipient(s) named
above, and may be legally privileged. If the reader of the message is not
distribution,disclosure or copying of this communication is strictly
resend this communication to the sender and delete it permanently from
your computer system.

Thank you."