From:
Ken Fontana <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 May 2010 14:26:41 -0500
I couldn't agree more David.

So many people preach about the need for a smaller and less involved
government in one breath but, in another, they beg for it.  The
symbiotic nature between public demand for justice, increased litigation
and legislation simply cannot be denied and, in my opinion, this arena
will continue to be a perfect example of just that.  27 states now have
their own laws regarding breach of data, whether it's simply PII or
PHI.  There are several federal laws that apply to varying context such
as FACTA, GLBA, SOX, HIPAA/HITECH, etc.  Those laws are all in place due
to public outcry against some injustice (real or immortalized by scandal
and media).

I have been prepping my clients and advising prospects for almost 3
years now that the increasing spotlight on records, data management,
hacks and privacy related breaches not only serve to sweeten the pot for
the criminals but for the general public as they become more and more
aware of their protections or rights under the law and the penalties
associated with them.

All in all, it won't be any different from the last dozen or so emerging
technology market concepts.  Launch, pain, learn, pain, learn some more,
pain, learn to deal with the pain until something else comes
along......mostly tongue in cheek.  Seriously, I hope the efforts to
stem the mad rush into the public cloud continue so that the pain and
evolution can be kept at a manageable pace rather than coming out of the
gates and directly into a catastrophic failure.

Ken Fontana
President
Fontana Insurance Solutions
/~Integrity and Honesty Are Not Out of Style........They Are My Calling
Cards~/