From:
"Grevin, Fred" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 May 2010 17:23:50 -0400
Trudy suggested "Maybe you could provide what ever keywords you use to
capture the RAIN news alerts and then those who want to receive them in that
form daily can."

This assumes that the only value of RAIN (-drops or otherwise) consists of providing newsclips on narrowly-defined topics.

But in fact, one of the aspects of RAIN that I treasure the most is its "serendipity factor":  the coverage of news which, in some very broad way, is connected with records management, but which I would never otherwise have seen, or perhaps sought for.

And, of course, designing and updating a system of keywords that exactly meet every topic of interest is a huge investment of effort, which probably exceeds that required to just skim through the whole lot and delete the messages of no interest.

Best regards,

Fred Grevin