From:
Dean DeBolt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 May 2010 13:17:38 -0500
I admit that I started a Facebook page simply to see what all the to-do was
about and one of my colleagues admitted to being a Facebook addict.   Then
our university public relations office came over and was trying to convince
the library to open a Facebook page as this was the wave of the future and
the way to market ourselves to current and prospective students.

Like other comments, I do have a life and cannot sit evenings and weekends
in front of the computer just waiting for someone to update their Facebook
page or read the latest twitter.  I think eventually this, too, will pass.
I prefer having conversations and e-mail with people in real time and I'm
not sure why I would spend hours to see what folks have posted on their
"wall" or pictures or what.   It almost turns everyone into a full-time CNN
network where you have to be on constantly to find out the latest news of
?your friends?

Dean

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 1:09 PM, David Gaynon <[log in to unmask]

--
Dean DeBolt, University Librarian
Special Collections