From:
Patrick Cunningham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 May 2010 13:06:36 -0700
Postini is a com
I've had a little experience with Postini and Google.

Postini is a company now owned by Google. The Postini products include spam filtering, email archiving, and search. Postini (Google Mail Discovery -- GMD) will allow e-discovery work. There is limited (one size fits all) retention capability -- I would not call it records management. I suppose if you have a means to segregate email users into "buckets", you *might* be able to create a variety of retention periods, but again, it would be all or nothing for each user. You would effectively need to have separate email domains to make this happen (i.e. "DOT.co.multnomah.or.us")

The base install of GMD retains all correspondence sent or received for a period of time designated by the administrator. This collection can then be searched and / or exported as required for e-discovery purposes. The search works really well.

There are future plans to integrate Postini with Google Apps (the suite of productivity tools offered by Google "in the cloud").
 Patrick Cunningham, CRM, FAI

"Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier."
-- Colin Powell