From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 May 2010 13:48:43 -0400
I've had a pretty big run of people wanting to sign up for the RIM Resources
YAHOO Group, and first let me say you ARE ALL WELCOME TO JOIN... but with
that said, let me make clear THIS IS NOT THE GROUP for the RAIN postings!

The message below was posted in the RIM Resources Group this morning in the
'Files' area and was sent also out to Group members clarifying HOW TO JOIN
the RAINbyte Group.

Both of these are Moderated Groups requiring an approval for membership, and
there is no ability to post messages to the RAINbyte Group.

Postings are allowed to the RIM Resources Group by any members, but that may
change to 'moderator approval required' due to some spam messages lately
resulting in messages and members being removed.

Larry

Snipped from the Listserv Post from Peter Kurilecz announcing the Group

…so here is the solution. I've created a Yahoo group called RAINbyte. This
is a newsletter style yahoo group. I post you receive. If you join you will
need a yahoo id to access the group's webpage. you can signup with your YAHOO ID

Specify if you want individual messages as they are posted or a daily digest
containing all of that day's messages.

No replies are allowed. And you can associate your Yahoo ID to whatever
email address you want RAINbytes will be delivered to you if you want them,
it is up to you.

thanks to all for the kind words both public and private