From:
"Jones, Virginia" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jun 2010 17:07:22 -0400
Nick:
In addition to the standards for microfilm mentioned by Bob Breslawski in his message, I recommend the following national and international standards or guides for the longevity stability and/or storage of various media:

ANSI/NISO Z39.48-1992 (R2002) ISSN: 1041-5653,Permanence of Paper for Publications and Documents in Libraries and Archives

Care and Handling of CDs and DVDs — A Guide for Librarians and Archivists (NIST Special Publication 500-252, October 2003)

ISO 11108:1996 Information and documentation -- Archival paper -- Requirements for permanence and durability

ISO 18925
Imaging materials  - Optical Disc Media – Storage Practices

ISO 18923
Imaging materials – Polyester Base Magnetic Tape – Storage Practices

ISO 18901
Processed Silver-Gelatin Type Black-and-White Film – Specifications for Stability

Ginny Jones
(Virginia A. Jones, CRM, FAI)
Records Manager
Information Technology Division