From:
"Metzer, Laren" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 2010 07:19:05 -0700
The box you are describing is a standard cubic foot storage box. I've seen many different types over 30+ years, but never one that weighed 60 pounds. You might get one to weigh that much, but it would have to contain something other than paper. For example, a box full of glass plate negatives would be quite heavy, but still less than 60 pounds. We have about 100,000 cubic foot boxes and the average weight is probably 25-30 pounds.