From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 2010 15:42:34 -0400
On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 2:16 PM, WALLIS Dwight D <
[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> The most common mistake I see in the process relates to the narrative
> questions. These questions generally want the candidate to demonstrate
> knowledge and experience, not simply state it. For example: In answer to
> a question regarding retention scheduling, simply saying that you have
> done it for x number of years is not sufficient. Saying how you did it -
> mentioning, for example, how you analyzed the operational needs, legal
> and fiscal requirements, and potential historic value of the records
> being scheduled - actually demonstrates knowledge. Maybe you had to
> research HIPAA requirements. Perhaps your schedule resulted in
> significant volume reductions in a given operation. These kinds of
> details, which don't have to be long, can really make a difference, as
> they demonstrate knowledge and experience.

excellent! years ago when I underwent my first downsizing I received some
excellent advice about resume writing. The advice was to point out what you
achieved in position. things that pointed your achievements eg introduced
new business processes that increased processing efficiency by x percent,
etc

in another time I ran up against the federal application process where one
had to answer narrative questions while making sure one used certain
keywords

>   if you don't pay attention to the
> narrative questions and demonstrate knowledge, you probably won't get
> too far in the process.

a project manager I worked with years ago used this phrase "Answer the mail"
meaning make sure you give them the information asked for
--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va